Edinburgh: Argyle Battery
|Album Overview Photo Index|
More photos in the vicinity:
View on Edinburgh
Castle of Edinburgh
|Argyle Battery in the northern part of Edinburgh Castle is part of the improvements to the defences ordered by General Wade. The guns are 18-pounders made in 1810.
Date: Feb 15, 2007
Longitude: -3° 11.99'
Latitude: 55° 56.94'
Show Photo Position in Google Maps
Map references: left: courtesy CIA, middle: courtesy US LoC Map Collection, right: courtesy NASA.
This page has been updated on: 2007-Nov-09