Algarve: Entrance of the Town Wall of Lagos
|Album Overview Photo Index|
More photos in the vicinity:
Palm Trees in the Harbor of Lagos
Looking Through the Town Wall
Forte da Ponta da Bandeira
|Lagos was an important harbour in the age of discoveries and was the capital of the Algarve from 1576 to 1756. The Arabs built several fortifications.
Date: Jul 19, 2004
Longitude: -8° 40.16'
Latitude: 37° 5.98'
Show Photo Position in Google Maps
Map references: left: courtesy CIA, middle: courtesy US LoC Map Collection, right: courtesy NASA.
This page has been updated on: 2007-Nov-08